GUIDANCE NOTES FOR PROSPECTIVE TENANTS
Any Application is subject to Contract
- All property rents exclude water/sewerage rates, electricity, telephone and council tax unless otherwise stated.
- All properties are to be let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for a 6 month period and thereafter on a rolling basis.
- The granting of a Tenancy will be subject to approved references and in some cases a guarantor may be required. We require photo ID (Passport/Driving Licence) and two references for each tenant as follows:-
a) Employers Reference
b) Character Reference i.e. from previous Landlord or from someone with a professional status that has known you for more than 1 year.
C) Credit check will be required should it be deemed necessary.
- Before acceptance of a tenancy you will be required to complete our Application Form. At this time a returnable holding deposit equivalent of one week’s rent will be required as a form of commitment to reserve the property while references and required information is being processed and a move in date has been agreed. The holding deposit will then be deducted from the final monies required before you move in, or returned to you should we decide that your circumstances are not sufficient or adequate for the proposed tenancy to commence. However, the holding deposit is non-returnable should you decide not to continue with the taking of the property for reasons in or outside of your control.
- A deposit will be required (usually equivalent to one month’s rental) and is payable to us at the commencement of the tenancy and is held until the tenancy ends. No interest is payable. Covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
- Rent is payable per calendar month in advance by bankers standing order.
- Where there are JOINT tenants, each tenant accepts the responsibility for the payment of the whole of the rent.
- As the managing agents for the property we will contact the relevant utility companies, i.e gas and electricity apart from telephone, to ensure that such facilities are available from the commencement date of the tenancy and that the tenants will be the new account holders.
- Cheques and drafts should be made payable to ASSURED PROPERTY RENTALS LIMITED.
Tenant Fees and Costs
|Equivalent to one month’s deposit.
|Interest charge of 3% above bank base rate From due date until paid. Levied after 14 days late.
|Lost Keys and Security devices
|£15 plus vat per hour plus cost of replacements.
|Change of existing Tenancy request
|£50 incl. vat.
|Early Termination Requested
|Should the tenant need to vacate prior to the end of the fixed term, the tenant shall be responsible for the costs of re-letting the property as well as the rent until the expiration of the term or the date on which a new tenancy commences, whichever is sooner.